Death and Sacrifice
The champions of the Shadow Isles are dark, dangerous beings, born of sinister circumstances. They all possess a tenuous tether to life, but do they wish to reclaim it...or consume it? Learn about the champions of the Shadow Isles, and their level up conditions, below.
Elise: The Spider Queen
What a tangled web we weave…
- Elise levels up when you have 3+ Spiders on the board at the start of the round.
Kalista: The Spear of Vengeance
Judge, jury...and executioner.
- Kalista levels up when she’s seen 3+ allies die.
Thresh: The Chain Warden
Free yourself from this mortal coil.
- Thresh levels up when he has seen 6+ enemies die.
Hecarim: The Shadow of War
Death becomes him.
- Hecarim levels up when you've attacked with 7+ Ephemeral allies.
Maokai: The Twisted Treant
Vengeance takes root.
- Maokai levels up when your units have died or your cards have been Tossed 25 times.
Nocturne: The Eternal Nightmare
The only thing you have to fear.
- Nocturne levels up when you’ve attacked with 5+ Nightfall allies.
Kindred: The Eternal Hunters
We all meet them in the end.
- The first time you slay a unit each round, Kindred marks the weakest enemy. Kindred slays marked units when the round ends.
- Kindred levels up when they've seen you slay 2 units with their mark.
- To slay a unit, you must kill it through damage, kill effect, or striking it with an ally. Self-killing, such as through Ephemeral, doesn't count.
Viego: The Ruined King
He'll do anything for love. Yes, even that.
- Viego levels up when he's seen allies with 20+ total power die.
Veigar: The Tiny Master of Evil
No, seriously. He's TOTALLY evil.
- Veigar levels up once you've dealt 12+ damage with Darkness.
- Darkness is a created card that deals 2 damage to an enemy.
- Veigar is multi-regional—he’s also a champion of Bandle City.
Senna: The Redeemer
There is no darkness without light.
- Senna levels up when she's seen you slay 3+ units with spells or an allied Lucian died.
Gwen: The Hallowed Seamstress
Life’s a gift. She certainly won’t put this one to waste!
- Gwen levels up when she's dealt 10+ damage.
The Black Mist of the Shadow Isles creeps insidiously ever farther, threatening to devour all of Runeterra. Will the sinister influence of these cursed lands reach beyond the sea?
Explore the other regions of Runeterra.
- If there’s one thing Noxus understands, it’s the desire for conquest. Can the Noxian forces find allies amongst the Isles. Learn more about the champions of Noxus.
- Demacia is as virtuous as the Shadow Isles are sinister. No peace could exist between them. And yet... There are those who tread the line between life and death. Learn more about the champions of Demacia.
- The Freljord is no stranger to the mysterious powers that exist in this world. Will the northern forces brave the dangers of the Shadow Isles? Learn more about the champions of the Freljord.
- Piltover and Zaun prefer practicality to superstition. If there is a way to harness the powers of the Shadow Isles, science and innovation will find it. Learn more about the champions of Piltover and Zaun.
- Ionia knows that one cannot master magic, only channel it. Could their mystic influence bring balance to the Shadow Isles? Learn more about the champions of Ionia.
- The Black Mist of the Isles creeps closed to Bilgewater. Now's the time to seize their alliance once and for all. Learn more about the champions of Bilgewater.
- Darkness lurks upon our shores and beyond our stars, and power lies between them both. Learn more about the Champions of Targon.
- The Shadow Isles fell to magic and folly. Can the empire of old show them the path to rebirth? Learn more about the Champions of Shurima.
- The Black Mist threatens all of Runeterra… but can it reach beyond the Bandlewood? Learn more about the Champions of Bandle City.